How to Pick The Best Pedicure Chair
Best Pedicure Chairs: Understanding Your Options
Whether you’re new to the beauty industry or have owned a nail salon for years, it can be tricky trying to figure out which type of pedicure chair and its various options are best for you. And, what may be the best pedicure chair for the salon down the street might not be the best pedicure spa for you.
That’s why Shop Salon City’s experts are here to provide the information you need to make an informed, business-savvy purchase.
Piped-In, Pipe-less & No Plumbing Pedicure Chairs
TYPE 1: Piped-In Pedicure Chair | OLD-FASHIONED & OUTDATED
• Because piped-in pedicure chairs are built with pipes inside the tub, the pipes cannot be accessed. As a result, it is impossible to properly clean the tub and bacteria can build up in the pipes.
• Because of these cleanliness concerns, this type of tub is no longer actively sold
TYPE 2: Pipe-Less Pedicure Chair | TODAY'S TREND
• Instead of impossible-to-clean internal pipes, patented Pipe-less Magna Jet technology circulates the water and completely eliminates sanitation issues.
• The jet is attached to the tub by magnet and creates a whirlpool effect.
• The most famous (and best!) brand of pipe-less jets is LURACO. We use LURACO jets in all our spas.
TYPE 3: Compact/Portable Pedicure Chair | FOR SMALL & HIGH-END SALONS
• Because the massage functionality is not built into the chair, the high-end portable pedicure chairs can be thinner and thus more stylish.
• Compact chairs are not recommended for high-traffic salons because everything must be done manually including massage and filling/draining the bowl.
Choosing a compact/portable pedicure is easy – it’s the best option for all the reasons we talked about above. But between traditional and Pipe-less pedicure chairs, our experts (and countless customers) agree that Pipe-less is the way to go.
Pipe-less Pedicure Chair Components
Component #1: Chair Top
Your job as a salon owner is to provide your customers an incredible experience, keep your employees motivated, and maintain and grow your profit. One way you can do this is by purchasing quality chair tops that incorporate a massage system.
There are two standard massage options for chair tops: basic vibration massage or shiatsu massage. ShopSalonCity solely carries pedicure chairs with the shiatsu massage function. We refer to them as Shiatsulogic pedicure chairs.
Click here to learn more about Shiatsu Massage, Shiatsulogic, and how it all works.
So why Shiatsulogic technology versus the average vibration massage? The Shiatsulogic pedicure chairs give your customers an unforgettable experience by mimicking a masseuse’s hands to work out tight muscle knots and ease stress. The vibration massage only provides a shaking motion to relieve tension in the back.
P.S., If you need to replace your current chair top separately, we have them for you HERE.
Component #2: Cushion Cover Set
|Shiatsulogic LX Massage Chair||Shiatsulogic EX-R Massage Chair||Shiatsulogic EX Massage Chair|
|Only compatible with LX Cushion Cover Set||Only compatible with EX-R Cushion Cover Set||Only compatible with EX Cushion Cover Set|
Component #3: Pedicure Chair Tub/Base
Select the tub/base design and its customized features, the top massage chair, and pick your favorite cushion and color to create the perfect look for your salon!
|BONUS! Each of our Shiatsulogic pedicure chairs comes with a FREE matching pedicure stool/technician stool.|
The discharge pump should be number one on your list of add-on parts to consider. Why? The discharge pump affects how your chair drains the water from the tub. Okay, but if it helps drainage, why on earth isn’t it just built in to begin with? Well, needing one or not is dependent on your salon’s plumbing system set-up.
For instance, if you have a floor drain, a discharge pump isn’t 100% needed because gravity pulls the water down the drain. However, if your nail salon does have this plumbing set-up, you can still opt for a discharge pump because it will help your tub drain faster – perfect for busy days!
If your salon has a wall drain layout, you will inevitably need a discharge pump. With wall drains, you don’t have the benefit of gravity pulling the water down the drain. Instead, gravity a works against you by blocking the water from draining or slowing it down because the drain is above ground level. For this reason, whether or not to add a discharge pump is incredibly important to consider.
You’ll also need to determine if you’ll need an air vent. Located on the front of the basin at the bottom, an air vent helps remove harmful exhaust fumes that can cause long-term health problems and leave an odor in your nail salon. Keep your technicians and customers safe and comfortable by adding air vents to your pedicure chairs.IMPORTANT: Make sure that you check your state’s regulations regarding nail salon ventilation to see if opting out of adding an air vent is an option. In some states, having an air vent installed will be mandatory.
- iFill® 5 System can be used with all brands of Jets and Spa tubs.
- Can be used with or without a disposable liner.
- Touch Keypad and very easy to use.
- Display will show digital readout for
a. how many times the pedicure chair has been used
b. water Temperature (F or C)
c. timer to help technicians to track of their work time, so that technicians do not need to carry a clock with them
- 3 switched-on/off and 1 continuous outlets.
- 1 drain pump control outlet with a 3-minute timer.
- Built-in 1-hour safety timer.
- Adjustable manually water level
- UL safety recognized.
- Made in the U.S.A from U.S. & Global Components.
Please contact the experts at ShopSalonCity by email: email@example.com or by phone: +1 (213) 973-3566 with any questions you may have related to pedicure spa chairs or any other salon products you have your eye on. We are here to help!