Updating the space in your nail salon is always a good idea. Whether you’re thinking about adding a fresh coat of paint or want to invest in new equipment or furniture, having a new look in your old space will bring a breath of fresh air into your salon. A mini refurbishment will not only impress your existing clients and attract new ones, but it will also serve to inspire and motivate your salon employees.
So why not start with a new manicure table? For a nail technician, a manicure nail table is an essential item, and it will determine how well they can work with your clients.
However, deciding which is the right table can be tricky; they come in many different shapes and sizes. There are plenty of features to take into consideration, such as portability, aesthetics, and functionality.
In this post, we look at a few tips on choosing the best manicure table, one of the latest Sonoma Collection tables on offer, and how Shop Salon City can help you find what you’re looking for.
Factors to Consider when Choosing a Manicure Table
As with everything in life and business, your budget will determine what and how many new manicure tables you can get. Luckily you don't have to spend a lot of money to find a good manicure nail table. Set your budget before you go looking; this will help to make your choices easier. Shop Salon City has a range of excellent manicure tables starting from $105 for a basic portable table to $630 for a glass-top table with a fan.
Quality is an important factor to take into consideration. You don't want spills and dust ruining your new nail area. Look for a manicure table with an acetone-proof finish or is made of granite; a melamine manicure nail table won't scratch and is affordable.
The size of your nail area will determine how many manicure tables you can fit into your salon. If your space is tight, consider a portable manicure table that can be stored or moved as needed.
You can also buy three desks in one! So, if you need your nail technicians to work simultaneously, consider purchasing a triple manicure table that takes up little space but enables you to have your beauty therapists on the go at the same time.
Functionality takes into account the user experience for your nail technician. Is there enough tabletop space for freedom of movement and placement of your tools and nail polishes for the manicure as it happens?
Top questions to consider asking with regards to functionality include:
- Do you need more than one layer of drawers?
- Is there enough space for the therapist to place their wrist on and move around the table with ease?
- Is the table made of a material that is easy to clean? We all know spills are unavoidable.
- Is there ventilation? It's a good idea to consider a table that comes with an option to take away dust, nail particles, and chemical vapors that happen when performing a manicure. Some manicure tables come with exhaust inlets that waft harmful fumes outside, while others come with fans.
- Is the table ergonomically good? It's vital to have the desk the correct height for your nail technicians, as they will be spending the better part of their day at their manicure table. Check your chair height, too, before making a purchase; you don't want to have to go and buy a new chair also.
- Some nail tables come with a prebuilt hole for a LED table lamp, which makes the tabletop neat and functional with good light for the nail technician.
- Does your portable manicure table have wheels that lock? There’s no use being able to move your table if you can't lock it into place.
Style refers to the table's aesthetics and comes down to personal taste and the current style of your salon or spa.
It would be best to consider how your new manicure table will look in the room and whether its color and overall appearance will suit the rest of your salon's design style.
Shop Salon City's Top Manicure Table Choice
If you're still unsure what manicure table to choose, our attentive staff has a recommendation for you; the Sonoma II Manicure Table in Modern Black. One of our newest additions to the popular Sonoma Collection, this dark, sleek design is a great choice to modernize any salon. This elegant table comes in black flecked granite, with a black base and brushed aluminum accents.
And don't worry, it doesn't just look good; it's functional as well. The Sonoma II stands up to everyday use in a nail salon as it is made from real wood, is acetone resistant, and scratch-resistant. Key features include a wrist-rest and multiple compartments for storage.
Considering functionality over style is an excellent way to determine which of the many manicure tables or portable manicure tables to choose from.
The right nail salon furniture, equipment, and tables are essential for your therapists to perform quality service that clients want to keep coming back for. And, if they enjoy their experience, they will.
If you are looking to expand your manicure table options for your spa or salon, take a look at the many great options we have on offer. Just make sure you narrow down the specifics you need for your salon to find the right manicure nail table for your spa.
Need help finding the right product for your space? Give Shop Salon City a call at 469-560-2993.